Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm stuffed on turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, corn, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit salad, chocolate pie... ah! So great. I love all the food!

Today, I went shopping at Old Navy with Bernadette and my sister. I didn't want Tiffany to come along, because I mainly wanted to shop for her! She kept talking about things she liked, but she didn't want to buy much because she was on a budget. So, even though I was a little irritated that she insisted on coming along, I used the trip to my advantage! When she went home later in the afternoon, I ended up going back to Old Navy and bought her the stuff she was looking at! I got her an orange peacoat (she likes bright colored jackets), a scarf, a pair of jeans, and a long sleeved top, and a cute tank to go under the top all for just under $60! I felt pretty good about those deals. I plan on giving her the jeans and tops for her birthday, and the coat and scarf for Christmas.

My mom had dinner pretty late tonight, so I didn't even go to their house until around 6. Oh my gosh... talk about a crazy house! Four dogs under one roof... and all of them can be kind of hyper, in their own way! Tabby is incredibly cranky about the other dogs, and she constantly snips at my sister's dogs. Teddy is hyper in the way of he has always expected your full attention, and he does NOT like it when my sister's dogs try to get the attention of me or my father. And oh lord, my sister's dog Blaze made the mistake of picking up Teddy's favorite ball... well, yeah. It was quite a night! My dad said the dogs are going to make him go gray early. Seeing as he'll be 60 in March, I think he's probably right on time for the graying!

So yes, those were the highlights of my day. It was weird because I was feeling really depressed after I went shopping even though I had been excited before I left. Then I ate a snack and it made me feel a little bit better. Funny how a simple snack can alter my mood so drastically! Maybe my blood sugar was a little low.

Finally, here are some more of the Target lady Black Friday commercials... so freaking hilarious!



2 comments:

Heather said...

I experience the same thing when shopping. If I'm out for more than a couple hours, I have to remind myself to take a break for something to eat, or sugary to drink. Otherwise, I get droopy or hazy. It used to stress me out until I realized it was the perfect excuse to go to the Cheesecake Factory. :>

Kim said...

Love that first video! LOL

SO jealous you're getting things checked off your Christmas list!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm stuffed on turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, corn, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit salad, chocolate pie... ah! So great. I love all the food!

Today, I went shopping at Old Navy with Bernadette and my sister. I didn't want Tiffany to come along, because I mainly wanted to shop for her! She kept talking about things she liked, but she didn't want to buy much because she was on a budget. So, even though I was a little irritated that she insisted on coming along, I used the trip to my advantage! When she went home later in the afternoon, I ended up going back to Old Navy and bought her the stuff she was looking at! I got her an orange peacoat (she likes bright colored jackets), a scarf, a pair of jeans, and a long sleeved top, and a cute tank to go under the top all for just under $60! I felt pretty good about those deals. I plan on giving her the jeans and tops for her birthday, and the coat and scarf for Christmas.

My mom had dinner pretty late tonight, so I didn't even go to their house until around 6. Oh my gosh... talk about a crazy house! Four dogs under one roof... and all of them can be kind of hyper, in their own way! Tabby is incredibly cranky about the other dogs, and she constantly snips at my sister's dogs. Teddy is hyper in the way of he has always expected your full attention, and he does NOT like it when my sister's dogs try to get the attention of me or my father. And oh lord, my sister's dog Blaze made the mistake of picking up Teddy's favorite ball... well, yeah. It was quite a night! My dad said the dogs are going to make him go gray early. Seeing as he'll be 60 in March, I think he's probably right on time for the graying!

So yes, those were the highlights of my day. It was weird because I was feeling really depressed after I went shopping even though I had been excited before I left. Then I ate a snack and it made me feel a little bit better. Funny how a simple snack can alter my mood so drastically! Maybe my blood sugar was a little low.

Finally, here are some more of the Target lady Black Friday commercials... so freaking hilarious!



2 comments:

Heather said...

I experience the same thing when shopping. If I'm out for more than a couple hours, I have to remind myself to take a break for something to eat, or sugary to drink. Otherwise, I get droopy or hazy. It used to stress me out until I realized it was the perfect excuse to go to the Cheesecake Factory. :>

Kim said...

Love that first video! LOL

SO jealous you're getting things checked off your Christmas list!