Monday, November 15, 2010

Irritated Monday

There are a few things I've come to realize today that I just don't like... whether it be something more major, or minor. Here is a list of things I pondered today and decided I didn't like.


1. Getting up when it is still dark outside. If God had meant for me to be awake, he'd have made the sun come up.

2. McDonald's breakfast menu. Okay, I like a sausage biscuit as much as the next guy, but damn, what's a girl gotta do to get a muffin? Or a danish? I went for your hot cocoa, but my empty stomach forced me to buy a greasy breakfast sandwich when I didn't want one at all.

3. Getting my kindergartners to work independently. We've been working on patterns for two weeks now... they can tell me patterns by heart... and yet damn if they could fill out a color pattern worksheet on their own! Biggest freaking headache and time waster ever today.

4. 30 minute lunch breaks. And no, not a full 30 minutes. By the time we ride the bus from the unit to the main building for lunch, it has been cut to 25 minutes. Then I get my kids seated, and pass out lunch cards (they all pretty much get free hot lunch) which cuts me down to about 20 minutes. Then I make a pit stop to the clean teacher's bathroom, so that cuts me down to about 15 minutes. Then I put my lunch in the microwave, drop my attendance folder in the office, and run back to the cafeteria to give a kid their ice cream money which was in my pocket for safe keeping... and now I'm down to 10 minutes. Then I find out about a last minute assembly which requires me to make copies to remind parents to drop their kids off at the main building tomorrow instead of my unit... and now I've got 5 minutes to scarf down my lasagna. And no I didn't get a chance to eat my peach.

5. Parents who want to observe. Okay great, you want to see what goes on in your kid's day. Well guess what, the kids are super rowdy because there are visitors in the room. Furthermore, if you are coming to see what goes on in the room, you'd either damn well be willing to help, or keep your butt at home.

6. Staying at work late, trying to find papers I misplaced because the room is unorganized, because I refuse to go out and buy anything else for this classroom, so there aren't any folders or files to put things in.

7. People who can't return emails. Err.

8. Loser guy I made the mistake of dating, who won't give me the courtesy of picking up the phone to let me chew him out, instead I had to serve him his balls via voicemail.

9. Starting to work on my thesis only to get interrupted by my mother... who keeps talking to me for a full half hour after I tell her I am working on my thesis... thus ruining my progress. Thanks, mom.

10. Cajun ground turkey. It is nasty, and ruined my turkey burger.

11. Warm Coca-cola.

12. Being too tired to eat the ice cream you've had your mind on all day long.

Those are just a few of the things that irked me today.

There were good things today... like the letter of gratitude I received from a very nice old man... so let me just say not all of today was made up of irritating things.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like we both had quite a day yesterday, huh?

That sucks about lunch. Geez!

I can't believe parents would come in and not bother to help out. Rude!

Heather said...

Yikes, what happened with #8? I forgot all about you doing NaBloWriMo, and had soooo much to catch up on here.

Tamara said...

Ah Heather... nothing really. I was dating him because I was bored. Then he started being a jerk, so here I was worried I was going to hurt his feelings... ha! I told him off with no hesitation.

Heather said...

Well, hopefully it made the "break up" easier, because you were glad to be rid of him.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Irritated Monday

There are a few things I've come to realize today that I just don't like... whether it be something more major, or minor. Here is a list of things I pondered today and decided I didn't like.


1. Getting up when it is still dark outside. If God had meant for me to be awake, he'd have made the sun come up.

2. McDonald's breakfast menu. Okay, I like a sausage biscuit as much as the next guy, but damn, what's a girl gotta do to get a muffin? Or a danish? I went for your hot cocoa, but my empty stomach forced me to buy a greasy breakfast sandwich when I didn't want one at all.

3. Getting my kindergartners to work independently. We've been working on patterns for two weeks now... they can tell me patterns by heart... and yet damn if they could fill out a color pattern worksheet on their own! Biggest freaking headache and time waster ever today.

4. 30 minute lunch breaks. And no, not a full 30 minutes. By the time we ride the bus from the unit to the main building for lunch, it has been cut to 25 minutes. Then I get my kids seated, and pass out lunch cards (they all pretty much get free hot lunch) which cuts me down to about 20 minutes. Then I make a pit stop to the clean teacher's bathroom, so that cuts me down to about 15 minutes. Then I put my lunch in the microwave, drop my attendance folder in the office, and run back to the cafeteria to give a kid their ice cream money which was in my pocket for safe keeping... and now I'm down to 10 minutes. Then I find out about a last minute assembly which requires me to make copies to remind parents to drop their kids off at the main building tomorrow instead of my unit... and now I've got 5 minutes to scarf down my lasagna. And no I didn't get a chance to eat my peach.

5. Parents who want to observe. Okay great, you want to see what goes on in your kid's day. Well guess what, the kids are super rowdy because there are visitors in the room. Furthermore, if you are coming to see what goes on in the room, you'd either damn well be willing to help, or keep your butt at home.

6. Staying at work late, trying to find papers I misplaced because the room is unorganized, because I refuse to go out and buy anything else for this classroom, so there aren't any folders or files to put things in.

7. People who can't return emails. Err.

8. Loser guy I made the mistake of dating, who won't give me the courtesy of picking up the phone to let me chew him out, instead I had to serve him his balls via voicemail.

9. Starting to work on my thesis only to get interrupted by my mother... who keeps talking to me for a full half hour after I tell her I am working on my thesis... thus ruining my progress. Thanks, mom.

10. Cajun ground turkey. It is nasty, and ruined my turkey burger.

11. Warm Coca-cola.

12. Being too tired to eat the ice cream you've had your mind on all day long.

Those are just a few of the things that irked me today.

There were good things today... like the letter of gratitude I received from a very nice old man... so let me just say not all of today was made up of irritating things.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like we both had quite a day yesterday, huh?

That sucks about lunch. Geez!

I can't believe parents would come in and not bother to help out. Rude!

Heather said...

Yikes, what happened with #8? I forgot all about you doing NaBloWriMo, and had soooo much to catch up on here.

Tamara said...

Ah Heather... nothing really. I was dating him because I was bored. Then he started being a jerk, so here I was worried I was going to hurt his feelings... ha! I told him off with no hesitation.

Heather said...

Well, hopefully it made the "break up" easier, because you were glad to be rid of him.