Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reactions

On Friday, I took head shots of all of my kindergartners. Why? Well, the other classes have pictures up in the halls of their kids, so I thought it would be fun to do that with my kids, too. I had some kids who looked at me like a deer in headlights when I took their photo, and other kids who apparently thought they were auditioning for America's Next Top Model. Where do they learn this stuff so early?

Anyhow, I was showing Bernadette the pictures of my kids, and giving her a quick explanation of who each kid was. Her reactions were pretty classic, and went something like this:

"Oh... so that's Charlie??? He looks so... harmless."

"Wait, is that the one who told you she wanted to be Michael Myers when she grows up? Oh my god, she looks so cute... but like she could stab you in your sleep!"

"Ha, wait, is that the only white kid you've got in your class? Haha oh that's hilarious."

"Oh that's Kevin! Yeah, I could have pegged that kid from a mile away."

"Ok, what did they do to that poor little girl's hair? She going to regret this picture one day..."

"Tammy, those kids are cute, but damn, they don't pay you enough."


I just figured her words said it all. Now I need to go to bed because it is almost midnight and 6:30am comes super early...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Kinda wishing your blog was private so we could see them too, especially Kevin and Charlie!

Tamara said...

Hmm... maybe I should make it private... I basically set it up to where it is pretty much unsearchable on search engines. But I hesitate to do that because I don't want to close out a few people who only occasionally read my blog.

Kirby said...

I was thinking the same thing!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reactions

On Friday, I took head shots of all of my kindergartners. Why? Well, the other classes have pictures up in the halls of their kids, so I thought it would be fun to do that with my kids, too. I had some kids who looked at me like a deer in headlights when I took their photo, and other kids who apparently thought they were auditioning for America's Next Top Model. Where do they learn this stuff so early?

Anyhow, I was showing Bernadette the pictures of my kids, and giving her a quick explanation of who each kid was. Her reactions were pretty classic, and went something like this:

"Oh... so that's Charlie??? He looks so... harmless."

"Wait, is that the one who told you she wanted to be Michael Myers when she grows up? Oh my god, she looks so cute... but like she could stab you in your sleep!"

"Ha, wait, is that the only white kid you've got in your class? Haha oh that's hilarious."

"Oh that's Kevin! Yeah, I could have pegged that kid from a mile away."

"Ok, what did they do to that poor little girl's hair? She going to regret this picture one day..."

"Tammy, those kids are cute, but damn, they don't pay you enough."


I just figured her words said it all. Now I need to go to bed because it is almost midnight and 6:30am comes super early...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Kinda wishing your blog was private so we could see them too, especially Kevin and Charlie!

Tamara said...

Hmm... maybe I should make it private... I basically set it up to where it is pretty much unsearchable on search engines. But I hesitate to do that because I don't want to close out a few people who only occasionally read my blog.

Kirby said...

I was thinking the same thing!