Sunday, November 7, 2010

Moody Me

Today is a day I wish I wasn't doing NaBloPoMo, because I am in such a rotten mood I am sorry that I am putting this on my blog.

I'm just tired and frustrated beyond belief. I'm super over my job, I'm super over the guy I've been dating, and I'm super over the city of Flint.

I moved out of Flint into the suburbs, but it's not far enough! On my way to work in the morning, as I get closer to Flint, the road gets shadier and shadier. I pass by 3 strip clubs every morning.

Charlie's mother, in our intervention meeting, mentioned that the apartment complex she lives in (read, one step above the projects), is incredibly dangerous. She said that Charlie's older brother has witnessed a murder even... and yet she still lets Charlie (age four) and his older brother (age 6) walk to the bus stop every morning by themselves. And she wonders why Charlie is hyperactive with anger issues.

Eh.

The only good part is that I made a sauce for a lasagna recipe I found online. It is simmering as we speak. I'm going to put it in the fridge and make the lasagna for dinner tomorrow. Cooking seems to be the only thing I can do to my liking lately.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

You could move to Denver with me! :D

Yeah I am having that kind of day too, and didn't feel like blogging at all.

I feel bad for those kids, having to see stuff like that. :o( They definitely shouldn't be walking alone.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Moody Me

Today is a day I wish I wasn't doing NaBloPoMo, because I am in such a rotten mood I am sorry that I am putting this on my blog.

I'm just tired and frustrated beyond belief. I'm super over my job, I'm super over the guy I've been dating, and I'm super over the city of Flint.

I moved out of Flint into the suburbs, but it's not far enough! On my way to work in the morning, as I get closer to Flint, the road gets shadier and shadier. I pass by 3 strip clubs every morning.

Charlie's mother, in our intervention meeting, mentioned that the apartment complex she lives in (read, one step above the projects), is incredibly dangerous. She said that Charlie's older brother has witnessed a murder even... and yet she still lets Charlie (age four) and his older brother (age 6) walk to the bus stop every morning by themselves. And she wonders why Charlie is hyperactive with anger issues.

Eh.

The only good part is that I made a sauce for a lasagna recipe I found online. It is simmering as we speak. I'm going to put it in the fridge and make the lasagna for dinner tomorrow. Cooking seems to be the only thing I can do to my liking lately.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

You could move to Denver with me! :D

Yeah I am having that kind of day too, and didn't feel like blogging at all.

I feel bad for those kids, having to see stuff like that. :o( They definitely shouldn't be walking alone.