Ah, I was hoping to add to the blog post I did yesterday evening, but when I got home I was so tired!
So yes... last night was super fun! Bernadette and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. That wasn't in the plans until the night before last, when we were watching tv and saw a commercial for Red Lobster's surf and turf promotion. Oh yeah surf and turf! I had a nice platter of ribeye steak and the oh so yummy hand breaded shrimp... plus can't forget about those yummy garlic cheese biscuits! I freaking love those things. We also decided to live a little and have margaritas. I had their special "Holidaze" margarita, which was super yummy. Plus, seeing as my stomach was beyond empty when we got to the restaurant, plus they brought the drinks out at least 15 minutes before we got our salads... let's just say I had a little warm buzz that felt great.
After dinner we wandered over to Walmart to get some candy to smuggle into the movies in Bernadette's ginormous purse. We got a little side tracked in the Christmas decorations! I ended up getting a pretty sparkly gold light up star for our Christmas tree for only $10. Sometimes I really hate Walmart, but when you're on a college student budget, it is a pretty great thing. So now I totally want to bust out the Christmas decorations! I've decided it is best to wait until after Thanksgiving... but come next weekend, I'm bringing out the Christmas tree!
So we got to the theatre about an hour before the movie. I was pretty excited since I haven't went to an IMAX movie in years. Probably not since I was like 12 when we went to the IMAX at the CN Tower in Toronto on our sixth grade class trip. Anyhow, wow was the theatre crazy and packed! And there were tons of people (crazies? freaks?) who were wearing some type of shout out to their favorite HP character. One guy had on a red wig (he must have been the 8th Weasley child), one girl was in a full school girl Griffindor costume, and there was a guy who winked at me and Bernadette who was dressed like Lord Voldemort.
Anyhow, I was glad we got there early! As it was, we were still towards the middle/back of the line! We got decent seats, and the movie was awesome. I did spill my popcorn everywhere, lol, but everyone around me got a good kick out of it, and the popcorn did have free refills, so all was not lost. I'm glad we spent the money on the IMAX, because it was awesome! Every seat in the house was sold, so we were packed in like sardines. But it was a great experience, and I really want to go see it again! And I totally can not wait until the next movie comes out!
Lots of craziness to blog about tomorrow...
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Movie Night :)
Ah, I was hoping to add to the blog post I did yesterday evening, but when I got home I was so tired!
So yes... last night was super fun! Bernadette and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. That wasn't in the plans until the night before last, when we were watching tv and saw a commercial for Red Lobster's surf and turf promotion. Oh yeah surf and turf! I had a nice platter of ribeye steak and the oh so yummy hand breaded shrimp... plus can't forget about those yummy garlic cheese biscuits! I freaking love those things. We also decided to live a little and have margaritas. I had their special "Holidaze" margarita, which was super yummy. Plus, seeing as my stomach was beyond empty when we got to the restaurant, plus they brought the drinks out at least 15 minutes before we got our salads... let's just say I had a little warm buzz that felt great.
After dinner we wandered over to Walmart to get some candy to smuggle into the movies in Bernadette's ginormous purse. We got a little side tracked in the Christmas decorations! I ended up getting a pretty sparkly gold light up star for our Christmas tree for only $10. Sometimes I really hate Walmart, but when you're on a college student budget, it is a pretty great thing. So now I totally want to bust out the Christmas decorations! I've decided it is best to wait until after Thanksgiving... but come next weekend, I'm bringing out the Christmas tree!
So we got to the theatre about an hour before the movie. I was pretty excited since I haven't went to an IMAX movie in years. Probably not since I was like 12 when we went to the IMAX at the CN Tower in Toronto on our sixth grade class trip. Anyhow, wow was the theatre crazy and packed! And there were tons of people (crazies? freaks?) who were wearing some type of shout out to their favorite HP character. One guy had on a red wig (he must have been the 8th Weasley child), one girl was in a full school girl Griffindor costume, and there was a guy who winked at me and Bernadette who was dressed like Lord Voldemort.
Anyhow, I was glad we got there early! As it was, we were still towards the middle/back of the line! We got decent seats, and the movie was awesome. I did spill my popcorn everywhere, lol, but everyone around me got a good kick out of it, and the popcorn did have free refills, so all was not lost. I'm glad we spent the money on the IMAX, because it was awesome! Every seat in the house was sold, so we were packed in like sardines. But it was a great experience, and I really want to go see it again! And I totally can not wait until the next movie comes out!
Lots of craziness to blog about tomorrow...
So yes... last night was super fun! Bernadette and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. That wasn't in the plans until the night before last, when we were watching tv and saw a commercial for Red Lobster's surf and turf promotion. Oh yeah surf and turf! I had a nice platter of ribeye steak and the oh so yummy hand breaded shrimp... plus can't forget about those yummy garlic cheese biscuits! I freaking love those things. We also decided to live a little and have margaritas. I had their special "Holidaze" margarita, which was super yummy. Plus, seeing as my stomach was beyond empty when we got to the restaurant, plus they brought the drinks out at least 15 minutes before we got our salads... let's just say I had a little warm buzz that felt great.
After dinner we wandered over to Walmart to get some candy to smuggle into the movies in Bernadette's ginormous purse. We got a little side tracked in the Christmas decorations! I ended up getting a pretty sparkly gold light up star for our Christmas tree for only $10. Sometimes I really hate Walmart, but when you're on a college student budget, it is a pretty great thing. So now I totally want to bust out the Christmas decorations! I've decided it is best to wait until after Thanksgiving... but come next weekend, I'm bringing out the Christmas tree!
So we got to the theatre about an hour before the movie. I was pretty excited since I haven't went to an IMAX movie in years. Probably not since I was like 12 when we went to the IMAX at the CN Tower in Toronto on our sixth grade class trip. Anyhow, wow was the theatre crazy and packed! And there were tons of people (crazies? freaks?) who were wearing some type of shout out to their favorite HP character. One guy had on a red wig (he must have been the 8th Weasley child), one girl was in a full school girl Griffindor costume, and there was a guy who winked at me and Bernadette who was dressed like Lord Voldemort.
Anyhow, I was glad we got there early! As it was, we were still towards the middle/back of the line! We got decent seats, and the movie was awesome. I did spill my popcorn everywhere, lol, but everyone around me got a good kick out of it, and the popcorn did have free refills, so all was not lost. I'm glad we spent the money on the IMAX, because it was awesome! Every seat in the house was sold, so we were packed in like sardines. But it was a great experience, and I really want to go see it again! And I totally can not wait until the next movie comes out!
Lots of craziness to blog about tomorrow...
2 comments:
- Kim said...
-
What I wouldn't give for a night at Red Lobster and Christmas decoration shopping and an IMAX movie! Jealous over here!!
And the "crazies" remind me of the Big Bang Theory guys, LOL. -
2:08 AM EST
- Robin said...
-
I refuse to put my tree up until the day after Thanksgiving! I do the inside while my sister puts up the lights outside.
I've only ever seen the HP movies at the IMAX. The tickets are expensive, but it's well worth the price/experience! Glad you had a good time! -
2:10 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What I wouldn't give for a night at Red Lobster and Christmas decoration shopping and an IMAX movie! Jealous over here!!
And the "crazies" remind me of the Big Bang Theory guys, LOL.
I refuse to put my tree up until the day after Thanksgiving! I do the inside while my sister puts up the lights outside.
I've only ever seen the HP movies at the IMAX. The tickets are expensive, but it's well worth the price/experience! Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment