Thursday, February 10, 2011
Busy 2011
Speaking of my job, it's almost over! It will be over... tomorrow!!! Most people don't get excited about jobs ending, but well, this isn't an ordinary job. About two weeks ago, a new teacher was finally found. She was hired last week right before all the snow hit (yes, I could blog about snow-oclapse 2011, but well, I think most of us need no reminders), and started on Monday. She worked with the grade level coaches on Monday while I took the kids on a field trip to the planetarium. She shadowed me on Tuesday, and yesterday as well. Today she took on half the lessons, and tomorrow I'm just shadowing her. Then I say my goodbyes!
It's kind of strange because all I've wanted since October was to be out of this job, and now I've been there for so long it's going to be weird that this isn't my job. And I'm actually going to miss some of these little squirts! Oh and the super crazy kid, Charlie? He got moved out of my room two weeks ago... so it has actually been manageable! I'm considering going to the store in a bit after dinner to get the kids some Valentine's treats... but I don't know, we'll see.
Anyhow, there are more crazy things in my life. Remember my ex, Scott? Somehow we're on speaking terms again. Don't ask me how this happened... I just felt like it was time to talk to him again. At first he was really standoff-ish, and then all of a sudden it's like he thinks we're BFFs. And let me stress, we're most definitely NOT BFFs. Look, I want to be civil and not flinch every time I see him online, but he hurt me way too badly to ever want to be his best friend. And, he talked to me on Tuesday night, and most DEFINITELY blatantly hit on me. WTF? Let me just say, I shut that down!
And in other news, perhaps related to the ex, I got a call on Wednesday saying I had an abnormal pap smear result. I haven't shared this with hardly anyone, but I guess my blog is a safe place to put this? It did freak me out a lot yesterday when I received the call that they want me to have a colposcopy. But apparently it is what they call "Low Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion" which from my knowledge means there is some cause for concern, but it is kind of at the lower scale of concern. Which means I might have come in contact with HPV. And, well, while I can count the number of people I've slept with on one hand (hell, with only a couple of fingers) I cannot say the same for my ex. So even though we were always 100% careful, condoms aren't foolproof. And no, I don't even know if this is HPV, but it could be. And furthermore, 90% of women will clear HPV from their system... so if it is HPV, it is important to be cautious, but not something to totally freak out about.
So anyhow, I am going to be scheduling the colposcopy with my doctor sometime next week... hopefully everything will be okay.
That's my life right now... 2011 is already shaping up to be an interesting year.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Busy 2011
Speaking of my job, it's almost over! It will be over... tomorrow!!! Most people don't get excited about jobs ending, but well, this isn't an ordinary job. About two weeks ago, a new teacher was finally found. She was hired last week right before all the snow hit (yes, I could blog about snow-oclapse 2011, but well, I think most of us need no reminders), and started on Monday. She worked with the grade level coaches on Monday while I took the kids on a field trip to the planetarium. She shadowed me on Tuesday, and yesterday as well. Today she took on half the lessons, and tomorrow I'm just shadowing her. Then I say my goodbyes!
It's kind of strange because all I've wanted since October was to be out of this job, and now I've been there for so long it's going to be weird that this isn't my job. And I'm actually going to miss some of these little squirts! Oh and the super crazy kid, Charlie? He got moved out of my room two weeks ago... so it has actually been manageable! I'm considering going to the store in a bit after dinner to get the kids some Valentine's treats... but I don't know, we'll see.
Anyhow, there are more crazy things in my life. Remember my ex, Scott? Somehow we're on speaking terms again. Don't ask me how this happened... I just felt like it was time to talk to him again. At first he was really standoff-ish, and then all of a sudden it's like he thinks we're BFFs. And let me stress, we're most definitely NOT BFFs. Look, I want to be civil and not flinch every time I see him online, but he hurt me way too badly to ever want to be his best friend. And, he talked to me on Tuesday night, and most DEFINITELY blatantly hit on me. WTF? Let me just say, I shut that down!
And in other news, perhaps related to the ex, I got a call on Wednesday saying I had an abnormal pap smear result. I haven't shared this with hardly anyone, but I guess my blog is a safe place to put this? It did freak me out a lot yesterday when I received the call that they want me to have a colposcopy. But apparently it is what they call "Low Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion" which from my knowledge means there is some cause for concern, but it is kind of at the lower scale of concern. Which means I might have come in contact with HPV. And, well, while I can count the number of people I've slept with on one hand (hell, with only a couple of fingers) I cannot say the same for my ex. So even though we were always 100% careful, condoms aren't foolproof. And no, I don't even know if this is HPV, but it could be. And furthermore, 90% of women will clear HPV from their system... so if it is HPV, it is important to be cautious, but not something to totally freak out about.
So anyhow, I am going to be scheduling the colposcopy with my doctor sometime next week... hopefully everything will be okay.
That's my life right now... 2011 is already shaping up to be an interesting year.
3 comments:
- Robin said...
-
I can't even imagine how you've dealt with those kids for this long! I watch just TWO and they kick my ass. I know you're happy to be out of there soon!
I know how you feel about missing them. When I'm with the kids, I'm like "Oh my GOD, what did I get myself into?!" Then for example during Christmas break, I missed them tons! Craziness!
Thinking good thoughts for you on your medical situation. Hope it all turns out well for you. {{hugs}} -
3:40 PM EST
- Heather said...
-
Congratulations on making it through the semester and then some!
I'm glad you have Teflon power when it comes to the ex. Some guys. . . :rolleyes:
Yeah, I recently read condoms don't work as well when it comes to some things like this because well, they don't cover everything. But I hope it all turns out alright--like you said, a lot of this stuff runs its course and you're all better.
I think you deserve a big box of chocolates to celebrate all you've achieved in the last few months. :) And maybe some champagne, too! -
9:34 PM EST
- Kirby said...
-
It's nice to see an update from you! :)
Yay for finishing your teaching gig! You survived! ;)
I hope everything goes well with your doctors appointment. Stuff like that is always stressful, but a lot of times it ends up being nothing serious, so hopefully that is the case! -
2:39 PM EST
3 comments:
I can't even imagine how you've dealt with those kids for this long! I watch just TWO and they kick my ass. I know you're happy to be out of there soon!
I know how you feel about missing them. When I'm with the kids, I'm like "Oh my GOD, what did I get myself into?!" Then for example during Christmas break, I missed them tons! Craziness!
Thinking good thoughts for you on your medical situation. Hope it all turns out well for you. {{hugs}}
Congratulations on making it through the semester and then some!
I'm glad you have Teflon power when it comes to the ex. Some guys. . . :rolleyes:
Yeah, I recently read condoms don't work as well when it comes to some things like this because well, they don't cover everything. But I hope it all turns out alright--like you said, a lot of this stuff runs its course and you're all better.
I think you deserve a big box of chocolates to celebrate all you've achieved in the last few months. :) And maybe some champagne, too!
It's nice to see an update from you! :)
Yay for finishing your teaching gig! You survived! ;)
I hope everything goes well with your doctors appointment. Stuff like that is always stressful, but a lot of times it ends up being nothing serious, so hopefully that is the case!
Post a Comment