Eh. I put on 10 stinking pounds at camp. 10. And let's be real here, it's probably more like 12, but let's just go with 10. What does 10 pounds mean? It means I can't wear the cute dress that I wanted to wear tonight. Instead I'll be going with a cute top and jeans. It's not that I think my body is hideous with 10 extra pounds, it's just that I was in a really healthy weight range in May, and I wanted to stay there. I also don't like it when my clothes don't fit properly. And I really don't have the money or the desire to go out and buy new clothes right now.
Anyhow, enough of the complaining! I've been doing pretty good lately! I'm still kind of riding a natural high from this summer, and I'd like to keep it going. I'm job searching as if my life depended on it! I've applied for 4 jobs so far, and my friend just sent me a job posting for a position in North Carolina. If I get the job he's offered to let me be his roommate, if I need to! That's great, except, the job only pays 34k. Not to be a snob, because that's definitely more than I am making now... but relocate for only 34k? The jobs I've been applying for here in Michigan pay like twice that... although let's be real, they want like 5 years of experience that I don't have. So the job front is frustrating, but I'm trying to stay positive about it.
Oh also, my room is a giant mess! This always happens after I get home from camp. Having 3 months of your life to unpack is no small task. I did a video that I was planning on turning into a video blog, but the file took literally hours to upload and it still wasn't completely loaded. Anyhow, I'm planning on getting this room spotlessly clean in 2 weeks! So you've heard it. Two weeks from today I will post some pictures of what it looks like. Maybe tomorrow I'll post pics of what it currently looks like.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, September 2, 2011
Getting back to normal life
Eh. I put on 10 stinking pounds at camp. 10. And let's be real here, it's probably more like 12, but let's just go with 10. What does 10 pounds mean? It means I can't wear the cute dress that I wanted to wear tonight. Instead I'll be going with a cute top and jeans. It's not that I think my body is hideous with 10 extra pounds, it's just that I was in a really healthy weight range in May, and I wanted to stay there. I also don't like it when my clothes don't fit properly. And I really don't have the money or the desire to go out and buy new clothes right now.
Anyhow, enough of the complaining! I've been doing pretty good lately! I'm still kind of riding a natural high from this summer, and I'd like to keep it going. I'm job searching as if my life depended on it! I've applied for 4 jobs so far, and my friend just sent me a job posting for a position in North Carolina. If I get the job he's offered to let me be his roommate, if I need to! That's great, except, the job only pays 34k. Not to be a snob, because that's definitely more than I am making now... but relocate for only 34k? The jobs I've been applying for here in Michigan pay like twice that... although let's be real, they want like 5 years of experience that I don't have. So the job front is frustrating, but I'm trying to stay positive about it.
Oh also, my room is a giant mess! This always happens after I get home from camp. Having 3 months of your life to unpack is no small task. I did a video that I was planning on turning into a video blog, but the file took literally hours to upload and it still wasn't completely loaded. Anyhow, I'm planning on getting this room spotlessly clean in 2 weeks! So you've heard it. Two weeks from today I will post some pictures of what it looks like. Maybe tomorrow I'll post pics of what it currently looks like.
Anyhow, enough of the complaining! I've been doing pretty good lately! I'm still kind of riding a natural high from this summer, and I'd like to keep it going. I'm job searching as if my life depended on it! I've applied for 4 jobs so far, and my friend just sent me a job posting for a position in North Carolina. If I get the job he's offered to let me be his roommate, if I need to! That's great, except, the job only pays 34k. Not to be a snob, because that's definitely more than I am making now... but relocate for only 34k? The jobs I've been applying for here in Michigan pay like twice that... although let's be real, they want like 5 years of experience that I don't have. So the job front is frustrating, but I'm trying to stay positive about it.
Oh also, my room is a giant mess! This always happens after I get home from camp. Having 3 months of your life to unpack is no small task. I did a video that I was planning on turning into a video blog, but the file took literally hours to upload and it still wasn't completely loaded. Anyhow, I'm planning on getting this room spotlessly clean in 2 weeks! So you've heard it. Two weeks from today I will post some pictures of what it looks like. Maybe tomorrow I'll post pics of what it currently looks like.
2 comments:
- Kirby said...
-
Good luck finding a job!!
-
4:39 PM EDT
- Robin said...
-
I didn't realize you posted. Wishing you good luck with the job search! :-)
-
5:02 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck finding a job!!
I didn't realize you posted. Wishing you good luck with the job search! :-)
Post a Comment