I feel like I have the beginning of a head cold. Unfortunately I've felt like I have the beginning of a cold for the last 3 days! I guess my body is doing a good job of fighting it off, but I wish I'd either feel fine or just go on and get the cold over with. I don't like this slightly achy and fatigued, with slightly stuffy nose and post-nasal drip thing I've got going on right now. Sorry if that was TMI!
Speaking of random illness, I went to the doctor on Monday because my left ear was chronically itching. It had basically been itching all summer long, and the very start of my ear canal had been dry and itchy for... who knows how long? A year maybe? I don't know why I never saw the doctor about it before. I guess just because if I did see the doctor I was always in for something else, and my ear never seemed to be on my mind. It is probably due to the doc rushing me out as soon as he comes in the door! So anyhow, all summer it itched, and I even had one of the nurse's at camp take a look at my ear. She said it looked fine, but maybe I just had too much wax. I had heard before that excess wax could make your ear itch, so I just assumed that was the problem.
Anyhow, a few weeks ago I tried putting peroxide in my ear. My mom said the doctor had her do that as a home remedy for wax. Well, I tried that, but the peroxide definitely didn't help! Actually, as soon as I had let the peroxide drain from my ear, my ear started itching just as bad as it had before! So finally, I saw the doc. He says I've had an outer ear infection all this time! He was really surprised that I haven't had any pain. He said usually people with outer ear infections can have tons of pain. So now I have to use these antibiotic drops in my ear for 10 days... I'm a little more than halfway through now. It's super annoying to have to schedule my day around these stupid ear drops, and then have to lay still for like 10 minutes so the medicine doesn't come pouring out of my ear. But I will say, thankfully, my ear is no longer itchy!
On a completely different note, my friend Jenn is at University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor. A few weeks ago her lung collapsed yet again, so her wife Jess drove her over to this side of the state to see her specialists. Long story short there has been lots of strange complications, mostly due to her lungs putting a lot of pressure on her heart. So her blood oxygen levels plummet anytime she does even the smallest amount of movement. The doctors have ordered that she cannot leave the hospital until she has a transplant. So none of us know if that means a week from now, or a year from now... or... I don't really want to think about the last or. I've been to see her twice, but because of this lingering cold I couldn't go see her this weekend. Her spirits are pretty high considering everything she is going through... but I definitely don't know how she handles it all.
There is a benefit dinner for her in Muskegon in November, but I'm not sure if I'll be attending. There is a concern about my car (the check emissions light is on, last time this happened 4 years ago it ended up being a $300 repair), and also, I'm kind of concerned about Jenn. I know Jess will be in Muskegon to make sure the benefit dinner goes off without a hitch, but who will be with Jenn? I'm thinking about offering to spend the evening in Ann Arbor with Jenn while she has to miss her own party. And ugh... don't even get me started on my car. I have no idea where the heck I am going to find the money to pay for this repair. Work is getting more steady... but this neverending job search thing has me on edge and super anxious.
So that's life. More is going on, but I'll share that sometime later. I'm also not sure how I like this new blog template, lol but I'm too lazy to change it again anytime soon.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Recent Going Ons
I feel like I have the beginning of a head cold. Unfortunately I've felt like I have the beginning of a cold for the last 3 days! I guess my body is doing a good job of fighting it off, but I wish I'd either feel fine or just go on and get the cold over with. I don't like this slightly achy and fatigued, with slightly stuffy nose and post-nasal drip thing I've got going on right now. Sorry if that was TMI!
Speaking of random illness, I went to the doctor on Monday because my left ear was chronically itching. It had basically been itching all summer long, and the very start of my ear canal had been dry and itchy for... who knows how long? A year maybe? I don't know why I never saw the doctor about it before. I guess just because if I did see the doctor I was always in for something else, and my ear never seemed to be on my mind. It is probably due to the doc rushing me out as soon as he comes in the door! So anyhow, all summer it itched, and I even had one of the nurse's at camp take a look at my ear. She said it looked fine, but maybe I just had too much wax. I had heard before that excess wax could make your ear itch, so I just assumed that was the problem.
Anyhow, a few weeks ago I tried putting peroxide in my ear. My mom said the doctor had her do that as a home remedy for wax. Well, I tried that, but the peroxide definitely didn't help! Actually, as soon as I had let the peroxide drain from my ear, my ear started itching just as bad as it had before! So finally, I saw the doc. He says I've had an outer ear infection all this time! He was really surprised that I haven't had any pain. He said usually people with outer ear infections can have tons of pain. So now I have to use these antibiotic drops in my ear for 10 days... I'm a little more than halfway through now. It's super annoying to have to schedule my day around these stupid ear drops, and then have to lay still for like 10 minutes so the medicine doesn't come pouring out of my ear. But I will say, thankfully, my ear is no longer itchy!
On a completely different note, my friend Jenn is at University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor. A few weeks ago her lung collapsed yet again, so her wife Jess drove her over to this side of the state to see her specialists. Long story short there has been lots of strange complications, mostly due to her lungs putting a lot of pressure on her heart. So her blood oxygen levels plummet anytime she does even the smallest amount of movement. The doctors have ordered that she cannot leave the hospital until she has a transplant. So none of us know if that means a week from now, or a year from now... or... I don't really want to think about the last or. I've been to see her twice, but because of this lingering cold I couldn't go see her this weekend. Her spirits are pretty high considering everything she is going through... but I definitely don't know how she handles it all.
There is a benefit dinner for her in Muskegon in November, but I'm not sure if I'll be attending. There is a concern about my car (the check emissions light is on, last time this happened 4 years ago it ended up being a $300 repair), and also, I'm kind of concerned about Jenn. I know Jess will be in Muskegon to make sure the benefit dinner goes off without a hitch, but who will be with Jenn? I'm thinking about offering to spend the evening in Ann Arbor with Jenn while she has to miss her own party. And ugh... don't even get me started on my car. I have no idea where the heck I am going to find the money to pay for this repair. Work is getting more steady... but this neverending job search thing has me on edge and super anxious.
So that's life. More is going on, but I'll share that sometime later. I'm also not sure how I like this new blog template, lol but I'm too lazy to change it again anytime soon.
Speaking of random illness, I went to the doctor on Monday because my left ear was chronically itching. It had basically been itching all summer long, and the very start of my ear canal had been dry and itchy for... who knows how long? A year maybe? I don't know why I never saw the doctor about it before. I guess just because if I did see the doctor I was always in for something else, and my ear never seemed to be on my mind. It is probably due to the doc rushing me out as soon as he comes in the door! So anyhow, all summer it itched, and I even had one of the nurse's at camp take a look at my ear. She said it looked fine, but maybe I just had too much wax. I had heard before that excess wax could make your ear itch, so I just assumed that was the problem.
Anyhow, a few weeks ago I tried putting peroxide in my ear. My mom said the doctor had her do that as a home remedy for wax. Well, I tried that, but the peroxide definitely didn't help! Actually, as soon as I had let the peroxide drain from my ear, my ear started itching just as bad as it had before! So finally, I saw the doc. He says I've had an outer ear infection all this time! He was really surprised that I haven't had any pain. He said usually people with outer ear infections can have tons of pain. So now I have to use these antibiotic drops in my ear for 10 days... I'm a little more than halfway through now. It's super annoying to have to schedule my day around these stupid ear drops, and then have to lay still for like 10 minutes so the medicine doesn't come pouring out of my ear. But I will say, thankfully, my ear is no longer itchy!
On a completely different note, my friend Jenn is at University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor. A few weeks ago her lung collapsed yet again, so her wife Jess drove her over to this side of the state to see her specialists. Long story short there has been lots of strange complications, mostly due to her lungs putting a lot of pressure on her heart. So her blood oxygen levels plummet anytime she does even the smallest amount of movement. The doctors have ordered that she cannot leave the hospital until she has a transplant. So none of us know if that means a week from now, or a year from now... or... I don't really want to think about the last or. I've been to see her twice, but because of this lingering cold I couldn't go see her this weekend. Her spirits are pretty high considering everything she is going through... but I definitely don't know how she handles it all.
There is a benefit dinner for her in Muskegon in November, but I'm not sure if I'll be attending. There is a concern about my car (the check emissions light is on, last time this happened 4 years ago it ended up being a $300 repair), and also, I'm kind of concerned about Jenn. I know Jess will be in Muskegon to make sure the benefit dinner goes off without a hitch, but who will be with Jenn? I'm thinking about offering to spend the evening in Ann Arbor with Jenn while she has to miss her own party. And ugh... don't even get me started on my car. I have no idea where the heck I am going to find the money to pay for this repair. Work is getting more steady... but this neverending job search thing has me on edge and super anxious.
So that's life. More is going on, but I'll share that sometime later. I'm also not sure how I like this new blog template, lol but I'm too lazy to change it again anytime soon.
2 comments:
- Kirby said...
-
I hope you feel better soon! A cold and an ear infection at the same time sounds miserable!
-
11:21 PM EDT
- Heather said...
-
Sorry to hear your friend is so sick. I hope everything is going okay.
Wow, that's an unusual ear infection! Although I've heard of other people having similar experiences. I'm glad you're finally getting some relief from it. My ear infections were always of the very painful and unmistakable kind. -
10:40 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you feel better soon! A cold and an ear infection at the same time sounds miserable!
Sorry to hear your friend is so sick. I hope everything is going okay.
Wow, that's an unusual ear infection! Although I've heard of other people having similar experiences. I'm glad you're finally getting some relief from it. My ear infections were always of the very painful and unmistakable kind.
Post a Comment