Saturday, November 3, 2012

Things I Don't Get (on Facebook)

I'm going to blog early today, as I plan to spend most of the day with E, and I want to make sure I get my blog in for today! Okay, I'm going to be that annoying girl for a moment and discuss a few things that other people are really in to when it comes to Facebook, but they just don't quite make sense to me. Any one of these things might be something you're in to, so please don't get offended... I'm honestly just trying to put a little humor to things that my brain doesn't work themselves around.

Okay... the first one, involves Jesus and Facebook. And yes, anyone who knows me knows I frequent Facebook quite a bit. But there are a few things else that bug me on Facebook, and those are people who are too into their own Facebook statuses, people who push their random ass diets on Facebook, and finally, those who put criminal activity on Facebook!

Now let me explain this. If someone posts something on Facebook referencing God or Jesus, I'm not going to be offended. I'm a Christian, it doesn't offend me. But, what I do find obnoxious is when, oh, my aunt, for instance, floods my newsfeed with about 20 different photos about how much she loves Jesus, and "like" if you heart Jesus" and "like" if Jesus is your light, and "share" if Jesus is your way. Okay... I'm glad you love Jesus, truly I am. But forgive me for saying that I don't know that Jesus gives two craps about your Facebook page. And furthermore, there are words in the New Testament where Jesus himself says (I'm not giving an exact quote here, so bare with me) that it is better to go pray in a closet and do it with a whole heart versus blasting in public that you love God so that others will give you a pat on the back for it. And that's what bugs me about it. I'm not judging my aunt... but lord knows (haha not intending a pun) she isn't always the nicest woman in the world to deal with. So, the Jesus cartoons and photos I find to be a little... much. My dad asked me if it was okay to unfriend his sister over this, because as he said "I'm tired of her putting Jesus stuff on my wall." Ha.

Okay, moving on. The person who is waayyyyy too into their own clever Facebook status. We all know those people. Not just, I posted something silly or funny, got some responses, and now have created a flowing conversation. No, I'm not talking about the person who took a picture of that woman's thong that showed through her sheer leggings and now we all must discuss. (Leggings aren't pants, people). No, what I'm talking about is the person who has to reply to their own post to add another three paragraphs to it prior to anyone even responding. And I'm mostly talking about the people who like their own statuses. What the hell? Why did you hit like to your own status? OF COURSE you like your own status... that's why you posted it, it's YOUR STATUS. EHHHHHH. I don't know why that annoys the hell out of me, but it does. The same goes with liking your own photo. Of course you like it, that's why you uploaded it and made it public. No one is going to post the photo of their own cellulite butt for the world to see (unless they like it!).

Now on another rant... the people who are on these crazy stupid diets. Like seriously... I don't even know if I can get started on this because it annoys me. so. much. I don't care if you are a personal trainer/body builder/possible steroid user. Do you have a degree in nutrition, or Biology, or nursing, or anything else remotely giving you enough knowledge about how the human body works? Oh what's that, no? You just chug protein shakes all day (I bet your farts smell amazing, btw), and eat a raw veggie diet? Oh, I'm sorry, you think dairy is going to kill me? Piss off. I'd rather be a fat and lazy bum in your eyes and enjoy my (oh by the way, quite healthy) greek yogurt in peace than eat that tree bark crap you consume. Blood type diets? Paleo diet? Raw food Vegan? Gluten free...nope not Celiac, just think gluten is the devil... yeast free... carb free... fat free... blah, blah, blah. I am by far not a know it all, but what I do know is that those diets are 100% ridiculous, and I actually do have the health background to know what I'm talking about. So yeah, enjoy your cardboard while I have something with cheese on it.

Okay, and now criminal activity. And maybe this is just one half of my family that likes to do this. I've got some family who are quite proud of living on the mean streets of Flint (no but seriously). A few cousins who like to post pictures of themselves with their middle finger at the camera, those who like to brag about who's a** they're going to beat, and oh yes, the kicker was the cousin who is ten years or more older than me (think, grown man in his 40s with a daughter who is a freshman in college) showing off his gun collection. And no, I'm not talking about his rifles for hunting season, I'm talking about semi-automatic totally illegal gun collection. What the freak??? Why in the world, if you are going to possess something illegal, would you post it on Facebook? I don't even know sometimes. I swear, I thank God my parents are who they are, because if I was born to any of my parents' siblings... life would be quite disturbing, I think.

Anyhoo... didn't mean to turn this into such a rant, these are just things I've been thinking about for a while but didn't feel like (for obvious reasons) Facebook was the place to speak about such frustrations.

2 comments:

shelly said...

I'm of the mind that if you have to resort to putting Jesus stuff on your Facebook wall, or wear it on your t-shirt (literally!), or you get worked up about stuff like The DaVinci Code or the idea that maybe (just maybe!) Jesus got married, then you need to re-examine your faith.

Robin said...

I'm laughing at the liking your own status/photo, it's like high fiving yourself in the face. lol!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Things I Don't Get (on Facebook)

I'm going to blog early today, as I plan to spend most of the day with E, and I want to make sure I get my blog in for today! Okay, I'm going to be that annoying girl for a moment and discuss a few things that other people are really in to when it comes to Facebook, but they just don't quite make sense to me. Any one of these things might be something you're in to, so please don't get offended... I'm honestly just trying to put a little humor to things that my brain doesn't work themselves around.

Okay... the first one, involves Jesus and Facebook. And yes, anyone who knows me knows I frequent Facebook quite a bit. But there are a few things else that bug me on Facebook, and those are people who are too into their own Facebook statuses, people who push their random ass diets on Facebook, and finally, those who put criminal activity on Facebook!

Now let me explain this. If someone posts something on Facebook referencing God or Jesus, I'm not going to be offended. I'm a Christian, it doesn't offend me. But, what I do find obnoxious is when, oh, my aunt, for instance, floods my newsfeed with about 20 different photos about how much she loves Jesus, and "like" if you heart Jesus" and "like" if Jesus is your light, and "share" if Jesus is your way. Okay... I'm glad you love Jesus, truly I am. But forgive me for saying that I don't know that Jesus gives two craps about your Facebook page. And furthermore, there are words in the New Testament where Jesus himself says (I'm not giving an exact quote here, so bare with me) that it is better to go pray in a closet and do it with a whole heart versus blasting in public that you love God so that others will give you a pat on the back for it. And that's what bugs me about it. I'm not judging my aunt... but lord knows (haha not intending a pun) she isn't always the nicest woman in the world to deal with. So, the Jesus cartoons and photos I find to be a little... much. My dad asked me if it was okay to unfriend his sister over this, because as he said "I'm tired of her putting Jesus stuff on my wall." Ha.

Okay, moving on. The person who is waayyyyy too into their own clever Facebook status. We all know those people. Not just, I posted something silly or funny, got some responses, and now have created a flowing conversation. No, I'm not talking about the person who took a picture of that woman's thong that showed through her sheer leggings and now we all must discuss. (Leggings aren't pants, people). No, what I'm talking about is the person who has to reply to their own post to add another three paragraphs to it prior to anyone even responding. And I'm mostly talking about the people who like their own statuses. What the hell? Why did you hit like to your own status? OF COURSE you like your own status... that's why you posted it, it's YOUR STATUS. EHHHHHH. I don't know why that annoys the hell out of me, but it does. The same goes with liking your own photo. Of course you like it, that's why you uploaded it and made it public. No one is going to post the photo of their own cellulite butt for the world to see (unless they like it!).

Now on another rant... the people who are on these crazy stupid diets. Like seriously... I don't even know if I can get started on this because it annoys me. so. much. I don't care if you are a personal trainer/body builder/possible steroid user. Do you have a degree in nutrition, or Biology, or nursing, or anything else remotely giving you enough knowledge about how the human body works? Oh what's that, no? You just chug protein shakes all day (I bet your farts smell amazing, btw), and eat a raw veggie diet? Oh, I'm sorry, you think dairy is going to kill me? Piss off. I'd rather be a fat and lazy bum in your eyes and enjoy my (oh by the way, quite healthy) greek yogurt in peace than eat that tree bark crap you consume. Blood type diets? Paleo diet? Raw food Vegan? Gluten free...nope not Celiac, just think gluten is the devil... yeast free... carb free... fat free... blah, blah, blah. I am by far not a know it all, but what I do know is that those diets are 100% ridiculous, and I actually do have the health background to know what I'm talking about. So yeah, enjoy your cardboard while I have something with cheese on it.

Okay, and now criminal activity. And maybe this is just one half of my family that likes to do this. I've got some family who are quite proud of living on the mean streets of Flint (no but seriously). A few cousins who like to post pictures of themselves with their middle finger at the camera, those who like to brag about who's a** they're going to beat, and oh yes, the kicker was the cousin who is ten years or more older than me (think, grown man in his 40s with a daughter who is a freshman in college) showing off his gun collection. And no, I'm not talking about his rifles for hunting season, I'm talking about semi-automatic totally illegal gun collection. What the freak??? Why in the world, if you are going to possess something illegal, would you post it on Facebook? I don't even know sometimes. I swear, I thank God my parents are who they are, because if I was born to any of my parents' siblings... life would be quite disturbing, I think.

Anyhoo... didn't mean to turn this into such a rant, these are just things I've been thinking about for a while but didn't feel like (for obvious reasons) Facebook was the place to speak about such frustrations.

2 comments:

shelly said...

I'm of the mind that if you have to resort to putting Jesus stuff on your Facebook wall, or wear it on your t-shirt (literally!), or you get worked up about stuff like The DaVinci Code or the idea that maybe (just maybe!) Jesus got married, then you need to re-examine your faith.

Robin said...

I'm laughing at the liking your own status/photo, it's like high fiving yourself in the face. lol!